Friday, January 29, 2010

Windows mobile marketplace main memory filled?

I started using Windows Mobile Marketplace about a month ago on my HTC diamond phone. Initially, I thought ... *finally* an app store from Microsoft, awesome! .. but it didn't take me long till I filled my main memory. I figured no problem, I will just tell the cool-tiny-little Marketplace app to install it on my internal storage.

Oh no .. there is no such option. Once again, I fail to understand why Microsoft leaves stuff in a limbo ...
  • Was it too hard to give some configuration options?
  • What purpose did it serve to lock down a user to only allow him/her to install on main memory?
These are questions that sadly will never be answered from Microsoft even though, they have read them again and again on numerous forums online. Alas! the world of Microsoft.

However, fear no evil, there are a couple options to retro this scenario ...
  • Our friends at XDA have developed a hack that will allow you to install applications on the internal storage card
  • The other option is to use Pocket Mechanic that will allow you to move applications from one place to other.

No comments: